As entrepreneurs struggling to keep afloat during these hard times, we thought we’d share 9 things we are doing to stay sane and to keep our organic product sales trickling in.
1. We established a routine to mimick how business was before Covid-19. E.g. we still have our reports, strategy meetings, just not as many.
2. We are taking short online courses to sharpen our skills. Kudos Google Digital Skills For Africa. The Courses are short enough not to cause a snooze-fest and very relevant with lots of practical examples.
3. We take part in CSR. #everylittlehelps. Ksh.100 from each sale goes towards making liquid soap to be donated & we collaborate with corporates & individuals in food drives.
4. We drastically reduced our spending. Down to ⅓ of the usual. Luckily, we had planned for raw materials for Q1 & Q2 and the inventory we have should be enough to go some distance, we hope.
5. We created a content calendar (yes, we didn’t have a solid plan before this, 🙄). This keeps our creative juices flowing! We get to experiment with new types of natural soap, butters and oils. Have you checked out our Instagram and FB feeds lately?
7. We changed our hours to suit the situation. Now open even on Sunday!
8. We offer something extra to our customers just to let them know we are thinking about them. E.g. Complimentary hand sanitizer with their organic soap purchases above Kes.1000 (While sanitizer stocks last) or Free delivery with above Kes.1000 purchases.
9. We are working on collaborations with other MSMEs on offers so that we all sell and stay afloat.
What are you doing to make things work?