You must have seen them in movies, on shop shelves, at a friend’s place and on our social media pages. So what is this little gadget for?
A Humidifier is a device that emits water vapor or steam to increase moisture levels in the air (humidity). There are several kinds. Some emit cool air, others hot air, some soundless, others hum. The kind we have is the Evaporator type that emits cool air. Humidifiers can do the following:
1. Relieve sinuses: When the air is too dry, sinuses don’t drain and function properly. According to many ENT experts, adding humidity to the air is generally good for sinuses and congestion. This is quite effective when used with a suitable essential oil like Tea Tree.
2. Accelerate Healing: Adding humidity to a room helps keep your nasal cavity lubricated. Ultimately this helps speed up healing from flu, asthma or allergies.
3. Reduce nosebleeds: If you are a regular nosebleeder like our youngest Akusi Organics team member then a humidifier is worth a try. For many, nosebleeds happen when the nasal membranes get extremely dry hence putting pressure on the blood vessels. This can be reduced by making sure humidity is high in a room.
4. Alleviate snoring: The moisture from a humidifier keeps the throat from drying out and relieves the intensity of that annoying snoring sound. If you or your partner is a snorer, the added bonus is that at least one of you will be sleep more soundly.
5. Support gorgeous skin: Soothe dry skin by sleeping with a humidifier on through the night. You’ll notice a change in how supple your face looks and that your hands and lips don’t feel dry and dehydrated.
Our Humidifiers use very little power. You can power it from your laptop or power bank.
Check out our Aromatherapy section here: https://akusiorganics.co.ke/product-category/aromatherapy/